Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wild, Wild Weekend

In true Regie spirit, I spent the weekend catching up on whatever I couldn't get done during the week.  This included laundry, cleaning the kitchen, baking up a storm (more on that later), and knitting. 

Right side before taking it apart.
Completed left side
Left side close up...still need to clean up the stray ends
I managed to get half way through my second Spirogyra glove when I realized I had made one too many mistakes to just let it go.  I decided it would be best to unravel it and start from the beginning.  It gives me a good project to work on while I'm sitting at my desk at work with nothing to do.

Starting the toe up socks fro Bubba.  Not bad so far

A good thing did happen on Saturday.  We were on our way out of the house when the FedEx driver came by and cropped off the yarn I ordered for Bubba's socks.  Because I wanted to work on something different, I decided to start working on them on Sunday.  Surprisingly they are a pretty simple knit (toe up with a red toe and heel and stripes throughout).  So far Bubba seems to like them, but he did ask that the stripes get bigger when I move up to the leg part of them.  I think that can be arranged.  One thing that is trying to kick my butt (trying, but not succeeding) is having to juggle 4 skeins of yarn and figure out which goes to which sock.

Sunday and Monday, when I wasn't knitting or working on laundry, I was in the kitchen baking up a storm.  I decided to make smaller sourdough loaves this time (4 instead of 2) so we could use them for sub sandwiches.  I also did two batches using the friendship starter that I've had fermenting on the kitchen counter the past two weeks.  I made one batch without chocolate chips and one batch with. Sunday I decided to do some regular baking and some freezer "baking".  I discovered it wasn't much harder to roll out some extra biscuits and a second batch of bread dough and then freeze it for later in the week.  I think this is something I might do more often.

Well, that;s my weekend in a nutshell.  More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment